Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Price of My Vanity

Nothing too great has happened today. I made a buffoon out of myself at the doctors this morning. It involved six needles containing several injections a piece. Then it involved me starting to feel faint with sweaty palms. It ended with my head tilted towards the ground, my feet up in the air, ice on my forehead, a cup of cold water and of course me crying. The very last bit involved the doctor asking the nurse to go and get the PA to write me a prescription for ativan and to please go home and take one. It amazes me that to be as old as I am, I still can act like such a baby. Regardless, I won't be deterred. I'll be back in three months - this time with an ativan.

2 comments:

Michelle Wicklund said...

Now I know where your kids get it from!

thegrayway said...

It comes honestly.