Friday, August 15, 2008

Is It A Control Thing?

Every year I sign up to be a room mom for the kids classes. Every year I've been put as a room mom for both kids. When Ansley was in second grade I was the key mom which sort of meant I was the leader. That same year I was one of four for Zack's kindergarten class, but not the key which was fine since Mr. Kuefler was new and required a lot of help from me (plus he's a man and just requires a lot of help anyway.) Last year I was one of four for Ansley's third grade and chosen by Mrs. Knorr as her key in Zack's first grade.

Yesterday I received notice that I would be one of FIVE in Zack's class with another mom being the key. I waited and waited for notice for Ansley's class and that notice never came. Today I decided to contact the room mom coordinator to ask if I was or not. Answer "Nope, Ms. Weiss only wants two. Have a good weekend." Short, direct and to the point.

OUCH.

This bothers me a little. I'm one of five and not the key and then not at all. Some might say I have control issues. I think perhaps I just like to be "involved."

No comments: