It only seems right that on the first day of school your son wears a collared shirt in order to make a good first impression. After that, who knows.
Walking home from dropping the kids off yesterday, Mary Ellen mentioned how she had tried to get Jack and Patrick to continue on the good first impression and wear a collared shirt on the second day to only be met with moans. I hadn't even bothered with Zack, but thought I might try on the third day.
Setting - 6:35, Zack still trying to wake up. I casually throw a pair of shorts and collard shirt on the bed hoping he'd be too asleep to notice. I hear from under the covers "why do I have this collared shirt?" "Because, you're going to Ben's today and you want to look nice." "Why do I need to look nice to go to Ben's?" "Because you want to look nice when you go to a friend's house."
I went on downstairs and a few minutes later Zack comes down wearing his best-----Murphey Candler t-shirt. Just ain't happening.
It's summer, or is it?
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment