Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week In Review Before I Jet Off

Zack celebrating birthday celebration #4 with cupcakes at school. He's so goofy!!

Family party.


I've been bumbling around this week trying to hold down the fort without Gary as well as trying to get ready to jet off to the land of COLD. My gosh we're going to freeze our a$$e$ off. After pumping iron today we were supposed to run but I'm sorry, call me a wimp, but I had to bag that plan. We walked for a few minutes to warm up before weights and the wind was bitter - and it's not nearly as cold here as it is going to be in New York!!! Pray for the availability of taxis.
Gary finally got home yesterday from his five days away skiing and strategic planning. We were all glad to see him and I think he was more than ready to see us. It was about a day too long for him to be gone. The kids and I are used to him traveling a lot, but this seemed especially long.
Now, after one day with him, I get to leave. I'm really excited to be seeing our show for the last three times. We've got some incredible seats and the emotion of the show closing should be electric.

Speaking of shows, Christine Cooper and I went with Granddaddy and Ree Ree to see opening night of Hairspray this week and it was really a cute, peppy, uplifting show. Lots of fun and the new Cobb Energy Center was fabulous.
This weekend Gary is taking the kids to Alabama to celebrate Papa Henry's 85th birthday. Ansley's horseback lesson has been canceled - due to the cold weather - so they may leave tomorrow after school.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and you stay warm - Me? It will be great but I don't see anything warm about it!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle Wicklund said...

does the bday parties ever end???

Karen said...

Look at the cash is his hand!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, please tell both Ansley and Zack that I keep up with them all the time and think they are two just terrific kids!!!!I'm getting better daily but it is slow going, you wouldn't want to do this often.
Love,
Aunt Judy