Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Spring Awakening - The End

THE THREE AMIGOS OR AKA- PARTNERS IN CRIME!
What a weekend in the Big Apple. You all know that the girl's and I love to go to New York and how we have loved Spring Awakening. Sonya, Lainie and I have been blown away by everything from the choreography, to the awesome lighting, the energetic acting and beautiful, amazing cast. Since the first time we saw the show, back in May of 2007, we have been hooked. We've all related to the characters in one way or another when we were growing up. I won't go into the premise of the musical - as it's rather adult and young kids, namely mine, read this blog, but it's incredible and I hope that when Ansley and Zack are old enough to see the show, that is still around in some revival in New York.


This show has truly expanded my love of the theater, and for that, I'm grateful.


What else am I grateful for? My two partners in crime that have gone on these crazy trips with me, have adored the show, almost equally (although,....), and have indulged my fangirl-ism!!


We started our trip Friday and made it safely into Lagaurdia. No birds in the engines - no landing in the Hudson. We ate at our favorite restaurant, Becco then headed to the Eugene O'Neill Theater. We had front row for the show and I'll only say it once -IT WAS FANTASTIC. Front row rules. We stage doored afterwards in the bitter cold. I'm sure with the windchill, it was in the single digits. Took lots of pictures - some of which are posted below. I've got a gazillion more, but these get it started.





Matt Doyle - my absolute favorite cast member!!

This is Andrew Durand, our resident Atlanta boy. If you remember from when I posted back in August, he's from Roswell/Alpharetta and I think he told me he went to Milton. Once again, he's rocking the Atlanta Braves cap.


Sonya.



Lainie.




So sad.


I've got a lot more commentary and pictures, but chew on these for a while.


No comments: