Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kelly Gets Crazy







Last night Lainie and I went to Smith's Old Bar - on a Monday night! (Mary Ellen told me she would have been surprised if I had gone on a Friday night.) Anyway, Duncan Sheik,(Barely Breathing) along with the original Ilse from Spring Awakening did a show. Lauren went on first and did her set, then Duncan came on and did one, they sang four or five songs from Spring Awakening (Duncan wrote the music for the show) then Duncan finished off with some original, unreleased material. It was a great show and Lainie and I had a great time people watching - and there was plenty of strangeness going on. I got home at a whopping 11:00 pm and felt like I had been on a bender this morning. I'm entirely too old to be out- in town - on a Monday -ever -but it was fun. The pictures suck, but are the proof I was actually out! Oh, and I went and spoke with Lauren about the show closing. She said they weren't sure what was going on and then I began to wonder if the show would actually close on January 18th or would they drag it out like they did RENT.

No comments: