Friday, October 3, 2008

Let the Riding Begin

Finally, after wanting to take horseback riding for forever, Ansley finally had her first lesson today. Wow, I never knew how involved riding was. Just the prep to actually get into the circle to ride takes a long time. You have to brush the horse with three or four different types of brushes, pick their hooves (Ansley did not like this part. I think she thought it would hurt Freckles.) Then you have to put all the horse's riding gear on. When you are finished with all this THEN you get to ride. She loved that part. I did hear her start to squeal one time when the horse decided to start galloping but she loved it all. After the riding lesson you have to undo all the things you put on the horse, brush her out again, then give her a treat! Here are the pictures-
Ansley learning about the different types of brushes. Learning to get on and off the horse.
Riding.
Walking Freckles back up to the barn after riding.

And, the final brushing. I think Freckles is smiling. I know Ansley is!

No comments: