Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Not The Great Pumpkin

We've put off getting a pumpkin because they usually rot before Halloween, and well, we just haven't gotten a pumpkin yet. The plan was for me to take the kids today to actually purchase the pumkins and Gary would come home early tomorrow to carve (you know, pumpkin carving is a Daddy job.) Before school got out I was running the last of my errands and reminded myself to check the church lot for the pumpkin selection. Selection? No selection - NONE AT ALL. The patch had been closed. Okay, not having a pumpkin here is equal to no Santa Clause. I placed several desperate calls and Deborah made a drive by and found some out her way. The selection was quite picked over, but the kids didn't notice or seem to care. They had a great time picking them out. Take note of Ansley's white pumpkin. She felt sorry for it so we had to get it. (Oh, my empathetic child.)

*edit* the pictures won't post here. Michelle said she was having problems and I didn't believe her. Perhaps, I owe her an apology. We'll see! I'll try and post after.

No comments: