While we were at the lake Zack's crabs decided to throw a party. When we got back I checked in on Hermit II, now Shrek and his roommate, Spot. The house was in total disarray. Their pool was turned sideways and of course empty and their food dish was totally upside down. But the most shocking thing of all was that Shrek was n-a-k-e-d! His shell had been discarded and he was streaking around in the buff. Not knowing whether he was trying to molt, where crabs shed their shell then their exoskeleton, go under ground for a week or so then reappear and then usually put on a different shell, or whether he just wasn't feeling the Shrek shell, or god forbid, Spot has run him out of the shell, I decided to take Spot out, get some food and water in there then threw in three of four shells, including the original shell he had just recently vacated.
Gary, never having seen a naked crab was quite interested in his nakedness. They do look weird especially when you're used to seeing just their claws and eyes.
Long story short, Shrek took a bath, put the Shrek shell back on and seems just fine. Perhaps I had just interrupted some crab fun. You know the old tired saying, "when the cat's away, the crabs will play."
It's summer, or is it?
12 years ago
2 comments:
I would like to have seen a photo! We dont get too many naked crabs around here.
Much too xrated for a family blog.
Post a Comment