Okay, I'm sure you all have heard that the cable at the lake has been out for - the entire summer. We've had numerous appointments with Direct TV - none of which they have bothered to show. Gary has spent approximately three hours on the phone with them and has lost many hairs from his head. Well, today they finally showed and within an hour, fixed the satellite dish so that we can now watch tv.
This all has been stressful, but nothing takes the cake of the cable mess here in Dunwoody. Four years ago I had finally had it with Comcast. Everytime it rained the cable went out and customer service could not have cared less. One day I had had enough and switched to Bellsouth and have had great service since. It hardly ever went out and when it did, customer service could usually get it fixed over the phone. Sadly, a couple of months ago we got notice that due to the merge with AT&T, Bellsouth cable would be no more and they recommended going with AT&T Dish. After researching other options - Comcast again? Direct? I decided to give Dish a try. Customer service was VERY helpful in taking my order but couldn't schedule me for hookup until the Thursday after we returned from HHI. Yikes - no tv for days? What were the options- I said okay.
We came back from HHI and on Thursday the great wait began. By the afternoon, I started to become concerned that noone was going to arrive so I called. "Oh, I'm sorry. Noone will be there today. He's had a personal emergency." Illness, death in the family? Nope, truck broken down. Okay, I can sympathize. Now we're on for first thing Friday morning. Day two begins and by mid afternoon no cable man has arrived so I call again stating my concern. "Oh, I'm sorry - he won't be there today. He's checked himself into the hospital for heat exhaustion." Really? "Okay....so I assume you'll be here first thing Saturday." "No, you'll have to call the 1-800 number and get back in line." "NO, that's unacceptable it is NOT MY FAULT this guy has terrible luck and I expect you to be here first thing."
As unbelievable as it sound, while I was on this same call the girl tells me they have just had a conference call and yes, they'll be here first thing.
Saturday morning - 8:30 phone call stating someone will be here within the hour.
11:00 - surprise, surprise - noone here.
11:10 - call to whom - COMCAST- they'll be happy to be here first thing Tuesday morning.
Wish me luck.
It's summer, or is it?
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment