Friday, March 6, 2009

The Weekly Reader

I figured I'd give a little update before the weekend, because that thing is jammed packed and I doubt I'll get to it.

Gary left Monday morning to go the office in Virginia leaving me with two children for the rest of the week!!!! He breezed in around 11:00 Tuesday night to only fly back out Wednesday morning to sunny St. John. He'll be back tonight - finally :)

The rest of the week and been school, laundry, baseball practice, laundry, softball practice, laundry and today still more laundry. Since Joan has left the laundry fairy has failed to show up so I'm doing it but I never seem to get anywhere with it. It just keeps multiplying and piling up. Hate it!!

Today, Ansley has riding. I'm not sure if I told anyone but Ansley and Samantha, her bestie, have been moved into a group together which is where they eventually want you to shake out since horseback is a group sport supposedly. So, the girl's are way excited to be doing this. Sam came home with Ansley last Friday and Gary took them and then today Ansley rides home with Sam and Samantha's mom will take them. After riding they are going to their friend Page's birthday party and then to spend the night. Basically, I said goodbye to Ansley in the carpool lane and won't see her until tomorrow morning (which after this week, is really okay ;)).

Zack has had baseball practice twice this week and as always is doing really well. His coach drafted him first and he's really showing his leadership abilities. I'm so proud of him. He's amazing. Tonight, he and Jack (the Ack brothers) are going to a spend the night party at school. They both combined their Jump Rope for Heart efforts and raised $400.00 (or Mary Ellen and I raised $200. each) so they earned the right to go spend the night at school. That should be a loud, testosterone fest and I'm glad I don't have to go!!!

Tomorrow is Ansley's opening ceremony for softball as well as her first game. Unfortunately, Gary and I will have to miss most of it because we have tickets to go see A Chorus Line which I'm uber excited about. Nan's coming to handle softball duty and I thank her in advance. Granddaddy and Ree Ree might be going as well (I hope!)

What else? Sunday we have tickets to go see the Thrasher's game. I bet we'll be outside for the rest of the weekend since it's supposed to be in the mid 70's -hallelujah!!!!!!!

I think that's it for now. Enjoy Friday -it's gorgeous out!

No comments: