Friday, March 20, 2009

Sad News

What a sad way to start the morning and an awful post to have to write. Uncle Robert called earlier to tell me Ryan had shot and killed himself. Actually, he may be on life support since he's an organ donor. I guess they're trying to get that all in place. My heart is breaking for Aunt Judy. She just had her second neck surgery last Friday and it is still in a lot of pain and hardly mobile from that. Now, this. It is true what they say about suicide.

Mom and Joan are getting everything in order to leave today to go help. They'll let me know when they find out more and then I'll head to Charlotte.

Keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.
Kel

*EDIT* as of right now, he is still alive on life support. I talked to Judy. They are doing one more test to confirm if he's brain dead. There is such a small amount of time to harvest his organs so something should be known soon. Also, if he starts breathing on his own, then they'll just leave him. If you don't have a living will, get one.

Judy sounds so numb. I feel horrible. Don't know what to do.

Also, Judy doesn't want everyone there yet, so the trip to NC is off for today.

No comments: