Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What's Been Up With the Gray's?

We're getting ready for Christmas!!! The kids and I have had a great two days together. Monday we had to get out of Rosario's way so we did our usual Ihop breakfast, took a ride to Granddaddy and Ree Ree's to meet Friendly, Too, and went shopping for Mike Jackson. He's the husband of my good friend Christine who died a year ago. I guess he was having a hard time getting everything done that I'm sure Christine used to do. The kids and I went to Target and loaded up for the twins. The kids had a great time and it made me feel good when they said they had more fun shopping for Madeline and Kathryn than getting their own gifts. We then headed north for lunch with Gary. Ansley and Gary then took off to the golf cart store to buy a new golf cart for Papa Henry. Neither of his are working and being as old as he is, he really needs one to get around his property. Needless to say, the addition of a golf cart to our driveway has been big fun for the neighborhood kids!!! I started my baking and made the best EVER ginger snaps. I'm going to od on them. I also made peanut butter cookies. Today I've made chocolate chip and the kids made confetti cupcakes as shown in the pictures. Tomorrow I'll bake a ham and Gary will make sausage/cheese balls - a total Jew delight around here!!!!!! I'll finish the diabetic shock by making brownies. Santa ought to be nice and full when he leaves our house. We've bought carrots and apples for the reindeer and the reindeer dust is ready to be sprinkled to show the reindeer where to land. We'll go to church at 4:00, head to Robert and Nanci's for dinner and gifts, race home to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas", pack those pesky elves up to be sent back with Santa and hopefully retire before midnight in order to be up at the crack of dawn Thursday.

Merry Christmas to you all. I'll be reporting back Christmas day or Friday.

Love to all!



No comments: