Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Party's at School

Yesterday, both kids had their holiday parties at school. Zack's class actually had a little presentation where each child stood up and told about the holiday they celebrated. It was interesting. Naturally, there were a lot of stories of Santa, one Chinese New Year, one holiday I've never heard of from Sai, who is Indian, 4 Hanukkah/Chanukkah's (which one is it?) and one little girl, Amit (Ansley's friend Tal's little sister) who celebrates Christmakkah because she's a little Irish and mostly Jewish. Ansley's class didn't do anything specifically for the parents but I stopped in to take a picture. Oh, and speaking of the Jewish kids, I walked into Ansley's class with a dad, who is Jewish, just in time for his son to be playing Santa Claus. He was like "great, the Jewish kids playing Santa!" Ansley told me later that Josh, her little "friend", also Jewish, played Santa as well. You have to know that Jewish kids miss out on the hoopla of Santa.









No comments: